Sailing Motor Yacht Ondina
Sailing a Phinisi schooner through the inner seas of Indonesia is an amazing, romantic, adventurous and unique experience and exploring this incredible underwater world with the SMY Ondina just makes it unforgetable.
Since July 2001 we are offering a different and romantic way to enjoy adventure and exploratory diving in the Inner Seas of Indonesia, with many scarcely explore areas yet, aboard a classical wooden buginese schooner entirely built with teak and tropical woods. (That we help to replant afterwards!)
S.M.Y. Ondina, built by divers for divers.
Deck Length · 32 meters
Bean · 8,0 meters
Draft · 2,6 meters
Hull: Teak and Tropical woods
Engine· 400 HP Man Medium Duty
Sails · 400m2 surface
Cruising Speed · 9 Knots
Cabins · 6 Triple and 2 Double cabins all with ensuite freshwater shower, hand basin, toilet and Air Con. For 16 divers maximum capacity.
Electricity onboard · 220v all-around-the-clock. Three generators. Two round pins sockets Eu std.
Water · Watermaker plus 10 Tn deposits
Fuel tanks · 12 Tn = great autonomy
Classic, Spacious and Majestic, Powerful and Safe……..Comfort Guaranteed!!
To dive, sail and communicate with safety. We have focused in these three points so that you do not need to spend one single minute of your valuos holidays in worrying about them:
- 2 Air diving compressors Mariner.
- Nitrox membrane. (32%)
- Diving gear for rent available onboard. (Please, book in advance: we have 6 full equipments)
- 12 and 15lts. steel and aluminium tanks. INT/DIN.
- Weight-belts and safety buoys included in the price of the cruise.
- 3 dinghies: 2 semirigid and 1 rigid.
- Maintenance kits and spare parts for diving equipment.
Electronics and communication equipment:
- Depth finder
- GPS Plotter with C-map marine charts.
- Radar 16 miles reach.
- Radio Multiband SSB
- Radio VHF GMDSS system.
- Handheld Radios ICOM VHF
- Satellite telephone THURAYA for private communications in the most remote locations.
- Satellite telephone ERICSSON R190
Safety and rescue:
- First aid kit
- Oxigen onboard plus Emergency Evacuation DAN “Oxygen Unit”
- Hiperbaric chambers in Makassar and Bali
- 2 rescue rafts 30 pax
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers, flares, fare gun.
SMY Ondina is ready and prepared to offer the level of service, safety and comfort to guarantee a pleasant diving vacations.
SMY Ondina, Common Areas
Special for Divers
- Generous Dive Galley for 16 divers with equipment. Designed by divers for divers.
- Fixed equipment positions for each diver during the trip
- Diving Compressors under the deck.
- Equipment Room for rinsing equipments and wet suits
- Personal shelf for charging batteries and diving material for every diver
Special UW Photographers
- Big working tables to service properly your cameras
- Air tanks to dry and clean your equipments
- Rinsing deposits with sweet water and fully padded for better protection.
- Charging stations with 220volt electricity 24hrs and 2 round pins EU Std sockets.
Comfortable, Spacious and Stable
- 8 Cabins for 16 divers maximum occupancy: 6 of them good for triple use, just in case, and 2 excellent for single occupancy all with ensuite freshwater shower, hand basin and toilet.
- With the warmth of the wood and the cool of the individually controlled A/C unit.
- 4 Independent Crew Cabins.
- Isolated Engine Room.
To relax and enjoy the Sea
- A/C Dinning Room
- Open air Dinning Room
- Big Kitchen with freezers and coolers
- Hot Water showers and Toilet in Main Deck
- 60 m2 Sundeck with hand shower to refresh yourself, hammacks and shadow canvas for the warmest moments of the day.
In the SMY Ondina we try to make your life easier ……..and very pleasant
- First Aids Room
- Masseusse onboard (depending on routes)
- Library, Music and Flat screen for DVDs
- Tasty food, tea and coffee, snacks and fruits available at all times